I have graduated from Konstantin Preslavsky University of Shumen, Bulgaria with master degree in Fine arts teaching. Other than painting I am also interested in art photography, graphic and web design. In my work I experiment with different materials, bases, techniques, I would like to try everything. My inspiration is drawn from different matters so I could not limit to a particular style, genre, concept. I like contriving so sometimes I make the frames for my paintings myself. I like when the final product is a result of different stages of work and preparation. Sometimes I use old window frames for my paintings and bring them to life once again. What I do fills me with positive energy.
Solo exhibition “Usta Slavo” (master Slavo)
- The exhibition was held at Community Center “Agreement – 1883” at Slaveyno, region Smolyan, Bulgaria from 5th until the 31st of August, 2017. as a part of the celebration of 114th anniversary from Ilinden – Preobrazhenie Uprising, when I received an invitation to present the show in Smolyan as well. The exhibition was held for charity, as the aim was gathering resources for The Old School building, which is now Exhibition hall and architectural symbol of Slaveyno and needs a lot of repairs. The cash resources gathered in august was given to The Association for development of Slaveyno. The exhibition was inspired from the architectural heritage left by the famous master-builder Slavo Raychevski (1870 – 1943), born in Slaveyno. He built the Bell tower of Church “St Prophet Iliya”, and also architectural symbol of Slavyeno.
- The show „Usta Slavo“ (master Slavo) will be held from 15th until the 30th of January, 2018 at Art Gallery Petar Staykov – Smolyan. New works of art are being added to the exhibition in Smolyan.
I participate at international, national and regional group exhibitions, some of the latest are:
- National competition „Wake in the sea“ – Varna, Bulgaria, 2017 and 2016 edition
- XVth annual exhibition Format 30/30 at Astri Gallery – Sofia, Bulgaria, 2016
- Annual exhibition “St. Luka” of The Association of Varna Artists – Varna, Bulgaria, 2016
- VIIIth International biennial of small forms – Pleven, Bulgaria, 2016
- Regional group exhibition „Seen/Unseen“ – Varna, Bulgaria, 2016
- XXIth National traditional exhibition of artist teachers – Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria, 2015
- XXIIth Biennal of Humor and Satire in Art – Gabrovo, Bulgaria, 2015
- “ART TRANSFER” – group exhibition of Shumen University students and lecturers – Belgrade, Serbia, 2015
I have participated at project synthetizing the science and the art. In 2016 I recreated in series of illustrations the character of Jack London’s Captain Nathaniel West from “Mutiny of the Elsinore” for the monograph “Propaedeutic of maritime psychology and maritime activity, issued by the Medical university publishing house at Varna, Bulgaria.
I have participated with graphic processing on archival documents in a project led by Professor, Doctor of Psychological Science Iliya Petrov Peev, Captain Naval Reserve Officer “Circular N7 of Military ministry from 9th of January 1881 about establishing Nautical school in Rousse”. The result was published in the Jubilee paper “Vaptsarovec” in May, 2016, dedicated to the 135th anniversary of establishing Naval Academy “Nikola Vaptsarov”.
I teach kids at Art school “Magia 7” – Varna. With the children we participate exhibitions, plain-airs, and competitions, win prizes and inspire each other.
My pupils participated with their paintings the “Peace on Earth” art exhibition at The Tehran Peace Museum (the museum was established by the Society for Chemical Weapons Victims Support and is a member of the International Network of Museums for Peace) in collaboration with the Bulgarian Embassy in Iran in 2016 and in this way we expressed our empathy to the global peace. The project “Peace on Earth” was exhibited at Graffit gallery Varna, Bulgaria in 2017.